‘Middle-class coke heads’ who take drugs at football games could be banned

0

Under new government rules, ‘middle class coke heads’ could face a five-year ban from football matches.

Police Minister Kit Malthouse is due to announce today (May 19) that anyone found guilty of taking or selling Class A drugs at football matches could face a lengthy ban.

The new rules are part of the government’s bid to crack down on violence at sporting events.

Minister Kit Malthouse announced the plans today. Credit: Alamy

In addition to the ban, anyone convicted while watching a game abroad may have to surrender their passport.

Malthouse said Class A drugs are ‘at the heart’ of rowdy behavior at games, as reported Sky News.

“Increasingly, the police are finding Class A drugs at the heart of this disorder and so we need to act.

“The football family wants every pitch to be a safe space for fans, especially children, and us too.”

The Minister went on to say that previous bans had been a “game changer” by “eliminating racism and violence” from sport, and it is hoped that the new rules will have the same impact on “drug-related disorders” seen during matches. .

Malthouse went on to say, “The government is committed to reducing drug use and impressing on everyone who takes drugs that drugs have consequences.”

Prime Minister Boris Johnson echoed the statement made by Malthouse.  Credit: Alamy
Prime Minister Boris Johnson echoed the statement made by Malthouse. Credit: Alamy

The Prime Minister appeared to echo those thoughts, saying ahead of the announcement: ‘Middle class coke bosses should stop kidding themselves, their habit is fueling a war on our streets, driving misery and crime across our country and beyond.

“That’s why we’re stepping up our efforts to make sure those who break the law face the full consequences, because illegal drug use is never a victimless crime.”

The new rules are set to be introduced as early as the 2022/2023 season, due to police concerns over drug use which incites violent behavior at matches.

Mark Roberts, spokesman for the National Council of Chief Constables, said: “I am pleased that the government has updated the football banning legislation to address the growing problems of disorder that we have seen, in part due to the use of class A drugs.

“The police and football authorities all support this measure and it is an important step to ensure that drug use in football is tackled so that the majority of fans, especially those with families, can have fun without suffering from antisocial behavior and violence.”

The UK Football Policing Unit would also coordinate with police forces and clubs to “ensure we make the best use of this legislation”.

Share.

Comments are closed.