- This feature allows users to send an emoji reaction instead of typing messages.
- Currently, 6 emoji reactions are available.
WhatsApp reactions feature is finally available on Android version 188.8.131.52 and iOS version 22.9.76. This feature allows users to quickly react with an emoji to a message similar to Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and iMessage.
The Meta-owned messaging platform launched this message reaction on May 5 and since then the feature has been rolling out to WhatsApp users worldwide. In an official
blog postWhatsApp said, “We’re excited to share these emoji reactions are now available on the latest version of the app. Reactions are fun and engaging, and they also reduce clutter in groups. We’ll continue to improve them by adding an even wider range of expressions in the future.
Emoji reaction is available for all android, ios and desktop users.
Learn more about reactions to WhatsApp Emoji messages
This feature allows you to instantly react to specific messages with emojis without flooding the chat with messages. Currently, WhatsApp offers six emojis that you can use to react to messages-
- Thumbs up
- open mouth face
- Face with tears of joy
- Person with folded hands
- crying face
With upcoming updates, WhatsApp aims to add support for all emojis, including skin tones.
To react to
- Open WhatsApp and go to a conversation.
- Long press on the message you want to react to and you will see emoji appear.
- Select the emoji you want to use. Once reacted, it will appear at the bottom of the message bubble.
- To see how many people have reacted to WhatsApp messages, tap the emojis that appear in the message bubble.
How to React to Messages on WhatsApp Desktop
- Open the chat and hover over messages sent by users
- An emoji icon will appear, click on the icon and choose from the available options.
- Once the message is selected, the reaction will be sent.
EA Sports to rename its soccer game as it ends licensing deal with FIFA after decades
YouTube launches channel membership giveaway, lets users gift monthly subscription to others