Class of 2022 graduates: 27
Graduation ceremony : Sunday, May 15, Harvest Bible Chapel/Harvest Christian Academy Worship Center
Valedictorian: carson welsh
Salutatorian: Jordan Gilman
Ariel (Coeur de Lion reward): Jordan Gilman
Distinguished Researchers: Gunther Bethge, Luke Boldog, Eva Camp, Jaden Condrea, Rebecca D’Alessandro, Madison Ellett, Jordan Gilman, Edward Leslie, Keegan Weidman, Carson Welsh.
Senior Student Council Officers: Gunther Bethge (vice-president), Eva Camp (secretary)
National Honor Society Officers: Eva Camp (Historian), Madison Ellett (Chair), Jordan Gilman (Vice-Chair)
Members of the National Honor Society: Gunther Bethge, Luke Boldog, Jaden Condrea, Rebecca D’Alessandro, Abigail Semerau, Keegan Weidman, Carson Welsh.
• Sousa Prize – Grace Bartlett
• Cannon Lambert — qualified for IHSA cross-country meet. Placed third in 3rd in the 400m and anchored the Lions to a 4th place finish in the 4x400m relay at the Illinois Top Times Indoor Championship. In May, at the NAC Conference Track and Field meet, Cannon won all-conference honors in the 100m, 200m, and 400m.
• Eddie Leslie qualified for the Top Times Illinois Indoor Championships in the 400m by finishing 15th and in the 4x400m relay which gave us a 4th place finish.
• Eva Camp was an individual qualifier for the IHSA State Cross Country Meet. She also qualified for the Illinois Top Times Indoor Championships in the 4x800m and 4x400m relays. She led our team to a 4th place and 10th place respectively in the championships.
• Ella Richter qualified for the Illinois Top Times Indoor Championships in the 4x800m and 4x400m relays. She led our team to a 4th and 10th place finish in the championships, respectively. In May, while competing at the NAC Track and Field Championships, Ella won all-conference honors in the 4x800m, 800m, 1600m and 4x400m relays.
• Madison Ellett – All Conference basketball first team
• Abby Semerau – Basketball First team All Conference, All Area Daily Herald
• Hayley Martin (Volleyball) – Recorded her 1,000th kill, First Team All Conference, All Area Daily Herald, 2nd Team All State
• “Cinderella the Musical”
What’s new in 2021-22: We built a new strength center, The Factory, and expanded our engineering program and course offerings.
What challenges did the Class of 2022 face when they returned to school full-time in person, and how did they overcome them:
We are grateful to have learned in person full time over the past two years. These seniors have continued to work hard and not give up throughout the pandemic.
Principal’s thoughts on the Class of 2022: This special group of elders faced many challenges together even before a global pandemic. They continue to support each other and welcome new members to the HCA community. I pray that they will continue their lifelong friendships and continue to seek God‘s highest and best plans for their lives, regardless of life circumstances.
— Principal Judy Bethge