When you lose someone you love, the pain is immeasurable and leaves you with an emptiness deep within your soul that you can never imagine being filled again. It can be especially difficult to express how much this person meant to you during your time of grieving.
If you are mourning the loss of a loved one, these touching rest in peace quotes and messages can help you put your feelings into words. These RIP messages and quotes can be used if you’re delivering a eulogy, in an Instagram post, or for a family newsletter. You can even write one of them in a condolence card or note for someone else. There’s no right or wrong way to grieve, and there’s certainly no timeline for when your grieving period ends. But we hope these quotes and messages lift you up a bit and help you find something to say during a difficult time.
75 Quotes and Messages Rest in Peace
rest in peace quotes
1. “We will meet again. I don’t know where I don’t know when, but I know we’ll meet again, some sunny day. – Vera Lynn, “We’ll Meet Again”
2. “To lose someone you love is to change your life forever.” —Jeannette Winterson
3. “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.” — Maya Angelou
4. “Life is pleasant, death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s awkward.” —Isaac Ashimov
5. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” —Mahatma Ghandi
6. “Cowards die many times before they die; the valiant never taste death but once. -William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
7. “The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.” —Moira Rogers
8. “Those who walk in integrity enter in peace; they find rest as they lie in death. – Isaiah 57:2
9. “Only in the agony of separation do we examine the depths of love.” —George Eliot
10. “Death is just another stage of life, even if the one you hope for comes last.” —Robert Breault
11. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul, there is no separation.” — Roumi
12. “You will rest, and then at the end of days you will arise to receive your allotted inheritance.” —Daniel 12:13
13. “When he died, all things sweet, beautiful, and bright would be buried with him.” —Madeleine Miller The Song of Achilles
14. “I love you every day. And now I’m going to miss you every day.” ― Mitch Albom, For one more day
15. “Because death is the only thing that could have taken him away from you.” ― Ally Carter, Out of sight, out of time
16. “The strongest power of death isn’t that it can kill people, but that it can make the people you left behind want to stop living.” —Fredrik Backman, My grandma asked me to tell you she’s sorry
17. “When you were born you wept and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world mourns and you rejoice.” ― Native American proverb
18. “The people you love never die… Not completely. They live in your mind, as they have always lived in you. You keep their light alive. —Matt Haig, How to stop time
19. “Death does not extinguish the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come. — Rabindranath Tagore
20. “The grief we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay for having had them in our lives.” -Rob Liano
RELATED: 75 Heartwarming Messages For Someone Who Has Lost A Parent
21. “Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and c That’s why I’ll sleep for eternity – Nelson Mandela
22. “You embrace death because life does not exist without it.” – Dominique Riccitello
23. “Through the years I will walk with you, in deep green forests, on sandy shores and when our time on earth is over, in heaven too you will have my hand!” – Robert Sexton, “The Promise”
24. “He who is gone, so we only cherish his memory, remains with us, more powerful, even more present than the living man.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
25. “When the time comes to die, don’t be like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes, they cry and pray for a little more time to live their lives anew. different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero on your way home. ― Chief Aupumut
26. “After all, for a well-organized mind, death is just the next great adventure.” -JK Rowling, Harry Potter at the Sorcerer’s Stone
27. “Like the ocean, life comes and goes with occasional tears.” -Kamil Ali, Deep Worms-A-Tales
28. “Death only comes through God‘s other door.” -Edgar Cayce
29. “As a full day brings happy sleep, so a well-spent life brings happy death.” – Leonardo DeVinci
30. “What is beautiful never dies, but passes into another beauty, Stardust or sea foam, flower or winged air.” —Thomas Bailey Aldrich
31. “A thousand words won’t bring you back, I know that because I tried; a thousand tears either, I know because I cried. —Jessica Crowley
32. “I want to find a quiet place, sit with you for a while, talk about the happy times and hope it makes you smile.” —Susan Smith
33. “I’ll remember you when I’ve forgotten everything else.” You were real to me. You were the best for me. – Bob Dylan, “I’ll Remember You”
34. “To the world you might just be a person, but to a person you might have been the world.” – Dr. Seuss
35. “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” -Thomas Campbell
36. “When I’m alone, I think of you and everything you’ve brought to my life. Your memory rests gently on my soul!” – Cindy Adkins
37. “What we once enjoyed we can never lose. Everything we love deeply becomes part of us. -Helen Keller
38. “Remembrance of the good done by those we have loved is the only consolation when we have lost them.” —Demoustier
(scroll down to continue reading)
39. “The goal is not to forget, but to remember to carry on.” – Unknown
40. “As we go through life’s journey, we must remember that the impressions we leave behind will define who and what we are. They are just as individual as the paths we choose to walk. So, leave good impressions wherever you go. —Dave Hedges
RELATED: What to Write on a Pet Sympathy Card
rest in peace messages
41. You were the most amazing person and the light in my life. I will miss you more than words can say.
42. You left wonderful memories that will never fade from my heart.
43. I know you are always here, in our hearts, watching over us and guiding us. We miss you so much.
44. Too loved to be forgotten.
45. Darling in my heart, you will stay, until we meet again one day.
46. You will forever live on in my memories and my heart.
47. Until we meet again.
48. With a broken heart and sadness in my soul, I miss you more every day.
49. I feel your presence even though you are gone. We will miss you so much.
50. Your memory will never fade.
51. When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
52, It’s so hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.
53. You were my world. I will cherish every second spent with you.
54. May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with fairies and talk to the moon.
55. If tears could be a staircase and memories a way, we would go straight up to heaven and bring you back.
RELATED: Online Bereavement Support Groups
56. I love you beyond the moon and beyond the stars.
57. Someone so special can never be forgotten; may your soul rest in peace.
58. The loss is immeasurable, but so is the love left behind.
59. I wish RIP stands for “Return if Possible”. I will miss you.
60. You miss beyond measure.
61. May your spirit soar even as you rest in peace.
62. My heart hurts every time I think of you.
63. As I whisper, “I miss you,” I believe that somehow you can still hear me.
64. Farewells are not eternal, nor the end; It just means that I will miss you until we meet again.
65. I know your kind soul is in Heaven watching over us. Till we Meet Again.
66. Goodbye for now. Sleep well.
67. Your memory will live forever in me.
68. We loved him very much, but God loves him more.
69. I keep wishing this was a dream and I will open my eyes and see you walk through the door. Wherever you are, may you find peace.
70. A thousand words can never bring you back, so rest in peace.
71. In the clouds we will meet again.
72. Always on my mind; forever in my heart.
73. My heart aches every time I think of you, but knowing that you are in a better place brings me comfort to live.
74. You may be gone, but you will live forever in our memories and in our hearts because you gave us a lifetime of memories filled with laughter, joy and happiness. We love you and wish you a peaceful sleep.
75. Saying you’re going to be missed doesn’t even scratch the surface of how we feel. No number of tears can express the pain we feel at the thought of losing. Thank you for the honor of sharing a life with you
Then find some more comfort in these sad quotes and quotes you miss.